Today we picked up Jwan and her mom from the Errez border and brought them to Sheba Hospital for a scheduled echo.
She was doing so well during the echo and had so much fun with a balloon. A very sweet girl.
The docter said that everything looked so good! So in a few months, she needs to return to Sheba for another echo. Please pray for Jwan and her family for a nice and healthy future.
This morning we picked up beautiful Jwan and her lovely mother at Erez. Jwan was scheduled for her first follow-up echo at Sheba Hospital after her surgery last fall.
This girl has grown so much in those last months and we were so surprised to see her so chunky and big! She was smiling at us all the time.
She didn’t even complain during her echo or ECG. Her mother was a little bit concerned about Jwan because she is coughing a lot and has trouble sleeping, but her doctor confirmed that her heart looks very good and there isn’t any problem.
Jwan’s mother also told us that Jwan has some pain in her right shoulder, but an x-ray confirmed that everything is fine with her.
After a long day of waiting and a lot of fun with Jwan, we brought her back to Erez Border Crossing and are excited to see her again in six months! Please pray that she stays stable until then.
We went to Sheba Hospital today and visited Jwan. We found her peacefully sleeping, still in the intermediate ICU, her grandmother faithfully by her side. Her doctor told us they want to move her to the pediatric ward today, as she is doing so well.
Jwan is still getting some antibiotics for three more days, but if she continues to improve, they are planning to discharge her on Sunday. Jwan is eating on her own and recovering great from her surgery. Thank you for all your prayers for this cute girl and her family!
Today at Sheba Hospital, our beautiful little Jwan was moved to the intermediate ICU! She is recovering well from her surgery now, and is beginning to eat a little on her own. She has to eat slowly and she gags a little bit because she was intubated before, but she’s starting to make progress.
Jwan had an x-ray this morning, and the doctors say that everything looks good. It’s really lovely to see her doing so well, extubated and with her kind grandmother feeding her from a bottle.
I got to hold her little hand for a few minutes – her fingers are so, so tiny! It is amazing to see God’s perfect handiwork, his image reflected in each tiny feature. This baby girl is precious in His eyes, and He has done a great work of healing in her. Please pray that she will continue to do well.
At Sheba Hospital, we visited sweet little Jwan. She was sleeping with such a peaceful look on her face.
Better still was the good report from her doctor today, which was that the extubation procedure had been successful. He is expecting Jwan to continue her recovery and will soon move her to another department!
There is such a sweetness surrounding Jwan and we continue to pray that our Lord will keep her in His hand for the days ahead
Today at Sheba Hospital, we visited beautiful Jwan.
Jwan is a lovely Arabic name. The doctors said that yesterday they tried to remove the oxygen support for her, but had to restore it. There will be a new attempt tomorrow, so we pray that it will be successful.
We prayed for healing, life and strength to this little young baby girl, so please join in prayer for her with us.
Today at Sheba Hospital, fifteen-day-old Jwan went into surgery for her coarctation of the aorta. The surgery started at eight in the morning and finished at three in the afternoon.
Jwan’s grandma waited patiently while the surgery was going. Meanwhile, the other Arabic-speaking moms (and dads) in the hospital appeared from time to time in the waiting area, talked with her, fetched a phone-charger for her, and offered food and drinks to her.
Praise the Lord, the surgery went well. In the surgery, the surgeons were able to repair her aortic arch. They also closed the VSD, a hole in the wall that separates the heart’s lower chambers. Jwan is doing well after the surgery. The doctors want to extubate her soon.
Let’s give thanks and glory to our good Lord for the successful surgery. And let’s keep praying for her condition, that Jwan may remain stable and be extubated soon. Thank you for being with us in prayer.
Two-week-old Jwan is an emergency transfer from Gaza. She arrived at ten o’clock last night via ambulance to Sheba Hospital with her kind grandmother acting as her chaperone.
Today, after a long echo and brain ultrasound, the doctors are satisfied that Jwan’s original diagnosis of coarctation of the aorta is correct. She is very tiny, and already intubated. The doctors say she will need surgery, but for now she is stable.
Please pray for the doctors as they decide on the next steps for Jwan. Please pray for blessings on Jwan and her grandmother.