His mother almost left to go home when the doctor called to say that Mohammed could have an echo as well today. After the echo, the doctor decided he can is ready for his surgery and this coming Sunday would do well. This is good news.
Please pray for Mohammed. Until Sunday, we will enjoy having Mohammed and his mother in our house.
Mohammed’s echo showed today he’s doing well, and he’s invited back in another two months, possibly in preparation for another surgery.
When I arrived in the hospital, he was already in his ECG and his mother sent me cute pictures of him. It was so good to see this boy again and see how he is growing up healthy without any bigger problems right now.
I still remember holding this baby months ago when he was still little and in a critical situation. And now he is so big and good! His doctor confirmed that his heart looks good for now and he wants to see him again in three months. We are so glad that he can go back to his family and gets the chance to grow up like a normal healthy child! Please keep praying for him and his whole family!
It’s so beautiful to see those little kids grow up when we know them since they are tiny babies. Mohammed had an echo, ECG and got another RSV vaccination his mother told me when I arrived at the hospital.
Thank you for your prayers for this little one.
When I arrived at Sheba Medical Center today, Mohammed was already there with his mother. In the morning they had driven to the hospital from the West Bank, where they live.I was very happy to see them both again, as I was able to present them with a gift today.
Our former employee Amelie, together with her mother, accompanied Mohammed in September when he was in the hospital. A good friendship developed between the two mothers. That’s why Amelie’s mother sent us a small gift to Israel that we could present to Mohammed and his mother today. How nice to see the bright eyes of the two!
Thank goodness the echo and ECG that were scheduled for today also went well. The doctor told me he was very pleased with how stable Mohammed was and that he had not made any changes in his medicine. Then Mohammed got a vaccination against flu. He gets these monthly from November to March to avoid becoming infected when the flu is at its peak. For him, even minor flu potentials are a risk.
We look forward to seeing Mohammed again in a month from today for his next checkup appointment. May the Lord bless him!
In his echo, everything looked okay and he is doing very good. His doctor was very happy with our cute boy. They also gave him an RSV vaccine today.
In one month, Mohammed will need another echo, but he will already come back tomorrow for another blood test. We are happy to see him again tomorrow and pray that he has safe travels!
Our beautiful tiny Mohammed was finally discharged from Sheba Hospital today. After being hospitalized for over a week for having RSV, a very serious respiratory virus, he was able to go home to the West Bank with his lovely mother.
Through all this, Mohammed’s mother always took care of me and of course in the most culturally Arabic manner, brought me food and snacks. After all the waiting, and taking cute mirror selfies with Mohammed, he got all dressed up in a smart little suit to celebrate his discharge.
He has to come back for cardiac follow up in three weeks. We pray for handsome Mohammed and his kind mother that the Lord may bless them with fortitude and thankfulness.
Good news reached me during visiting Mohammed at Sheba Medical Center today. While I saw him peacefully sleeping, a doctor told me that he was doing much better than a few days before and that he no longer needed extra oxygen administration, just his regular inhalations.
His echo yesterday also showed a good heart rate. The doctor was therefore optimistic that they could be able to discharge Mohammed in just a few days. However, the cardiologists must also agree beforehand. If everything continues to go well, Mohammed and his mother may go home as early as Thursday.
Cute little Mohammed was sleeping when I visited him today. He looked so peaceful and it was just nice to spend some time with him and his lovely mother between all the rushed life in the hospital. Suddenly we saw that Mohammed was having trouble breathing and his belly was moving really fast and you could see in his face that he was in a lot of pain.
We got a doctor who gave him some medication through an inhaler mask (that was weigh to big for Mohammed). She ensured us that we shouldn’t be too worried because through his RSV Virus the difficulty breathing is normal. The virus can be severe for children with his medical history that’s why they want to keep him in the hospital a little bit longer.
Let’s pray for cute Mohammed and his mother. We pray for strength and improvement in his health so he can go home soon.
Our little Mohammed came into Sheba today with a fewer. His doctor in the West Bank referred him to Sheba Hospital after diagnosing a bronchitis. His lovely parents brought him for all the necessary checkups in the ER and his admission to the ICU.
For a healthy child, a bronchitis wouldn’t be too severe. But because Mohammed just had his heart surgery a few weeks ago, even a cold could be dangerous. For this reason, he will stay in the ICU for the next days until he’s better. Even though his parents were worried, they were so kind the whole time and even brought me food which really made my day.
We want to pray for cute baby Mohammed and his caring parents so that he will recover quickly and they don’t have to stay at Sheba for so long.
Mohammed and his mom are from the West Bank and arrived today to Sheba hospital for a follow up echo. During the echo, Mohammed was really calm, much calmer than most of the other kids I’ve accompanied to echocardiograms before.
Thank God Mohammed is doing really fine. The doctor told me later that Mohammed’s heart is much better after his last cath of a week ago. He will continue his usual medication and until now he only needs follow up appointments and a hematology appointment in about two weeks to check his Clexane medication.
Let’s continue to pray for Mohammed and his full recovery as well as his next appointments.
Mohammed is doing great after his cath last Thursday and so coworker Simona and I heard right when we entered the hospital that he will go home today. His mother was full of joy and excited to go to her other kids again. Mohammed’s dad also came to the hospital today to pick up his beloved son and so we waved goodbye to this sweet little family. Mohammed needs to come back in a week for another echo. Please pray that he will stay safe in his time back home!
Mohammed had his catheterization today. Initially, his mother was cheerful but when the procedure lasted longer, she became quieter and was constantly in prayer. After a long wait, Mohammed was rolled back into his room.
The doctor said that the closed heart valve is open. Mohammed is in good condition according to the doctor. What great news. Thank You Father for Your mighty care. We pray for continued recovery.
When I entered Mohammed’s room today at Sheba Hospital, his parents already packed their suitcases and told me that they were released to go home for a few days. They were so excited to hear this and to see their family and friends again! When I talked with the doctors about it, they were already working on everything for the discharge and took their time for the parents, that they understood everything that was necessary.
Finally they had everything they needed and could leave Sheba for a few days. They will come back on monday to get admitted for Mohammed’s cath on Tuesday.
We thank the Lord for letting this family go home for a few days to get some rest. Please pray that Mohammed feel well enough and prepare him for his cath!
Mohammed awaits catheterization Tuesday. His mother is very active and walks back and forth a lot. Now and then she sits down in the waiting room, where more mothers and grandmothers are now present.
The stroller, equally shared, means a lot to the mothers. Their habitat in the hospital is increasing. Father in Heaven, cherish this beautiful boy and his dear parents with healing and patience.
While patiently waiting for his echo appointment, we were able to spend some time with Mohammed’s mom today. Mohammed slept the whole time and even the echo didn’t bother him as long as he could sleep. The doctors wanted him to have another echo to make new decisions in his further treatment. Depending on the results of the echo, Mohammed will either be discharged this week or he will get another cath soon.
We pray for this little man as he might need further treatment; asking for strength for little Mohammed and his whole family, so that they can manage everything and be able to go home soon again, happy and well.
Written by Tineke and Jan
When we met Mohammed’s mother at Sheba Hospital today, she told us that he might go home tomorrow. The doctor said that they are satisfied with the developments, but that it will be decided tomorrow, that is Friday, whether he can go home.
Mohammed’s mother and father are happy and thankful that things are going well. They long to go home and have the family complete again. Mother said she misses her two other children (3 and 5 years old), she hasn’t seen them for a month, they are staying with grandparents.
Like the parents, we thank God for Mohammed’s recovery thus far. His parents also indicate that they are grateful that it was made possible that little Mohammed could be operated on.
When I visited Mohammed today I asked his mother how Mohammed was doing today. She told me then that his oxygen went down again yesterday afternoon and not surprisingly she seemed really tired and sad when she told me that. I then asked a nurse about his condition and she said the same thing that his oxygen dropped yesterday evening. As a result they had to put him back on oxygen support. But thankfully he is stable now. His X-ray yesterday even showed that his lungs are much better now. If he improves further and everything goes well, he can also be discharged soon. We hope for that as both, the mother and her child, seemed quite tired today.
You can join our prayers for Mohammed and his mom. We want to pray that he keeps improving, so that there won’t be any other obstacles. His parents and especially his mother need a lot of strength now too.
When Elise and I wanted to visit Mohammed and his parents at Sheba Hospital today, we realised that he wasn’t in the same hospital room anymore, but was back in the primary ICU because he had heart failure over the weekend.
As we heard this, we were really shocked as we knew that he was doing quite well before the weekend and was recovering well. The doctor then explained that Mohammed had an infection with high fever, but thankfully he recovered well after this. His mother looked still a little worried while she tried to explain with her few words in English how Mohammed was doing over the weekend. When we finally saw Mohammed, he was quietly sleeping on his stomach, waking up a little and falling asleep again.
Please pray for Mohammed, that he recovers well without any more difficulties. Let’s pray also for his parents. Thankfully they are not alone, but have each other as they are both with their son in hospital.
At the end of the day Mohammed was stable and was moved back to the secondary ICU.
visited him and his mother this morning, he was feeling a bit hungry. A nurse brought him some sugar-water in a syringe, and a bottle of milk. As soon as his mother began to feed him, he stopped crying and began to smile behind the syringe.
After waiting for some time until he was ready to breath on his own, Mohammed was finally extubated today at Sheba Hospital. We are so thankful that he is doing well and is making good recovery progress after his long successful surgery a few days ago. When I visited Mohammed today, he was a little restless, moving around trying to sleep.
Please pray for this little baby that still has much treatment ahead of him. His parents and also Mohammed himself will need a lot of strength and help on this uncertain and difficult road.
We thank God for the expertise of the medical staff at Sheba Hospital and pray for continued healing and strength for Mohammed and his parents.
He is still intubated, but his heart seems to still be functioning well. The doctors will check again tomorrow to see if he’s ready for extubation.
Today his big sister and grandmother came for a visit, much to the delight of his parents. Please pray that his heart will continue to work well, and that he will be able to successfully be extubated either tomorrow or as soon as possible.
We were happy to see Mohammed sleeping peacefully, albeit still intubated. His mother expressed hopefulness which was great to see! The staff who skillfully showed their care for Mohammed confirmed to us that everything is stable for now.
We thank our heavenly Father for his faithfulness, for the skill of the staff at Sheba and we continue to pray for Mohammed’s recovery!
Our tiny Mohammed. had his big surgery today. The doctors had originally thought, when he was first transferred from the West Bank, that the left side of his heart was too small to be repaired. However, during this surgery, the doctors at Sheba Medical Center were able to close the holes in his heart, and to repair the valve on the left side of his heart. They have hope now that his heart will be able to function normally.
His sweet mother had a long wait during his seven-hour-long surgery, and then more waiting afterwards for the doctor to come and explain how Mohammed’s doing. She was very patient, along with her husband and his uncle who are also in the hospital with her.
The doctors are hoping to extubate Mohammed tomorrow if he stays stable. Please pray that his heart will continue to function well as he recovers from his surgery, and that he will be successfully extubated tomorrow.
I took a few minutes and spoke to the doctor briefly. Mohammed is doing well after the diagnostic cath. He has slight elevation.The operation is scheduled for Sunday.
When Mohammed’s mother was awake and able to talk, I spoke with her for a bit. She is very tired so shortly after the birth of this baby, and is in consultation with the doctor; she would like to go home for a few days, but there is no replacement chaperone available at the moment, as her own mother is not allowed to come.
I also sensed that Mohammed’s mother is very anxious about the operation coming up Sunday. Prayers go up for her, for Mohammed, and for a successful surgery.
Mohammed had his diagnostic cath at Sheba Hospital today. When we went up to the Pediatric ICU on floor six of the Children’s Hospital of Sheba Medical Center, we found Mohammed’s parents waiting. They told us that Mohammed was brought into surgery around 11 am.
While waiting for the procedure to be finished, coworker Claudia and I tried our best to learn some Arabic words from Mohammed’s lovely parents. Even though we couldn’t remember most of the words anymore after just a few minutes, we had a great time together.
Mohammed’s mother expressed how important it was for her that Claudia stayed with them for the whole time. This shows how great an impact compassion and love for our neighbours can have. The doctors could tell afterwards that Mohammed will need a surgery and will work on a treatment plan.
Praise the Lord for Mohammed and his parents. We pray for his journey and that God will hold his protecting hands over Mohammed and his family.
Please continue praying that he will get his surgery soon!
Two days ago we heard that a new baby from the West Bank was transferred to Sheba Hospital, and we visited him today. Even though his mother didn’t know me, she was very kind and welcoming. She showed me little Mohammed who was sleeping calmly.
Our newest little Mohammed has a long list of heart defects and has to undergo surgery soon. The doctors didn’t know if he will have surgery tomorrow or if they can wait a bit longer.
It was so beautiful to stay with the two of them. Mohammed’s mother even tried to teach us some Arabic, but while writing this blog, I realised that I forgot every word she tried to teach me.
Please pray for strength for Mohammed and his family in those uncertain days. We want to thank the Lord for the doctors at Sheba, who consistently do their best to help all the kids, and will do so for Mohammed.