It was also a really big day for Sally because she was discharged from Sheba Hospital. I waited with her and her father for the ambulance to pick them up and after the ambulance came, everything was prepared for them for their drive to Hebron.
Little Sally is still in the ICU in the Sheba hospital. She has many health problems, but for now the Sheba hospital can‘t help her anymore. In one year, she would have her next cardiac procedure probably with a surgery included. Until then she is dependent to be in a hospital. Jonathan is searching for a good hospital close to their home in Hebron, where the support is good as needed and with good staff who care for little Sally the way she needs it. It still takes some time and patience, until Sally will be discharged from the Sheba hospital. The father of Sally likes to stay longer and prefers this very well known support at Sheba.
Anyways it’s a tough time for everyone to make the right decision for little Sally, so that we can make sure that she is in good hands.
Please pray for patience and wisdom.
If she continues to be stable and breath on her own, she will be moved to the pediatric ward. This would be a very big step forward! Sally’s father was happy today and very proudly talking about his beautiful daughter.
Yesterday, Sally’s father had to decide on whether or not to consent to doctors performing the tracheostomy. However, after consent was given, things went fast. The tracheostomy was already completed when I visited Sally today.
Everything went well and she is stable. I hope and pray so much, that this will finally lead to a good recovery for Sally. She’s already gone through so much. Please join in prayer for Sally!
When I entered the room, I found Sally’s father grieving next to the bed of Sally. It’s a very tough time that Sally’s father is going through. At the moment the doctors say Sally is dependent on the ventilator and her father has to make a decision to have a Tracheostomy surgery for Sally or not.
We can fully understand his dilemma. On one hand, Sally has had so many procedures already, that her father feels sorry for Sally to have even more. But at the same time, he wants the best for her.
We called Jonathan so that Sally’s father could talk to a man and fluent Arabic speaker; he needed advice and to have someone to listen to his concerns and worries. After the call, he told me that he is thankful for us and that Jonathan is a good man.
At the end I prayed for Sally at her bedside. Let’s consider Sally, her family and the next steps in prayer.
When coworker Willem and I came to visit Sally and her father, he was very concerned about her. Via ‘Google Translate,’ Sally’s father shared with me that his little darling daughter has already gone through so much. He was really worried.
Our little Sally needs a lot of prayer! For God nothing is impossible. Please pray that she will breathe well on her own and that she will finally improve.
Today I went to Sheba Medical Center and visited Sally.
The doctor told me that yesterday there was fluid building up around her heart which compressed the heart a bit. To drain this liquid, the doctors put in a tube and because they did this, Sally has already been improving and because of Sally’s improvement, the tube was removed today.
Unfortunately, Sally’s liver enzymes are very high and she has a bacteria in her body. Also her heart rate was quite high today.
Please keep continuing praying for little Sally and her beloved parents. And also please bless the doctors and nurses, pray that they can find out what is going on with Sally.
The doctor in the Pediatric ICU at Sheba Hospital told me today that Sally’s had to be resuscitated three times in the last 24 hours. One of these instances was full resuscitation with CPR.
She is in a very delicate state and she needs God’s healing.
“Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me; your rod and your staff–they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
Her dad told me she is doing well; she had a fever yesterday, but is being treated with medications for it. They will try to extubate her today or tomorrow.
Please continue praying for this precious little girl.
The doctor was very nice. He mentioned that Sally has been a complicated case with all the viruses and procedures she’s had. I agreed.
Please pray for strength and patience for Sally’s parents and a continuing good recovering for Sally.
This was a nice surprise for me when I visited her and her dad in the ICU there; her dad was happy to tell me that she had just come out of surgery and everything went well.
Little Sally is still in Sheba Medical Center Children’s wing with a case of sepsis. The doctors said she has bloody stools which might be because of the sepsis. So we still wait for her to get better and hope the antibiotics help. There are also some tests planned for tomorrow to find out about possible viruses.
We hope Sally is soon ready for the postponed surgery. Please pray for Sally and for a good and fast recovery from the sepsis.
The next step for Sally, when she’s ready, doctors plan to place a VP shunt (Ventriculoperitoneal) which goes from the brain to the abdomen. It should drain the extra fluid in the brain. The doctor was very nice and very caring towards Sally. I‘m again impressed by this kindness.
Please pray that this operation will be good and helpful for little Sally.
Little Sally had a catheterization this morning at Sheba Medical Center. The goals of the cath were met and it was considered successful. During the cath, everything went well but Sally lost some blood.
Back in the ICU room, Sally received some more blood. Both Sally’s parents were sitting with us in the waiting area. We are very happy that both could come to Sheba and support each other in this difficult time.
We are also thankful that Sally has been in the right condition to have a cath finally. Please pray for a good recovery now and for progress made that will eventually prepare Sally for her surgery.
A nurse in the ICU told us that Sally is very sick. She has a virus and an infection. Until she has recovered from these sicknesses, they will not have a plan for treatment.
Please be praying that God would place his hand upon this beautiful little baby and bring healing to her.
Little Sally came to Sheba Medical Center’s Pediatric ER doors by ICU ambulance Friday evening as Shabbat was starting. Doctors in Hebron reached out to Shevet Achim when they determined no local options existed for Sally’s life-saving treatment.
Sally has Ventricular Septal defect and a lung malformation. Presently she is in Sheba’s Pediatric ICU.
Your prayers are appreciated for this little life.