A very good echo

Rahma went into an echo at Sheba Hospital today, a week after her surgery discharge.

She is doing really well. The doctor saw that her heart is perfect and she almost wanted to discharge Rahma to her own home, but she thinks it’s better to wait for three more weeks. Just to be sure that Rahma is stable.

It is normal to wait a month after surgery until the doctor is sure that a child is stable. I’m happy that the doctor is careful, even though she is very sure that Rahma will be okay in three weeks.┬áRahma also needs some neurological follow-up, but this will be in three months in Kurdistan.

Rahma’s mother asked me to hold her daughter for a moment, so she could get some water. I enjoyed it, to hold her in my arms, knowing that she is doing very well.

Praise God!