Ali’s cath delayed until next week


I met beautiful five month old baby Ali and his Mum for the first time this morning at Sheba Medical Center. They left Hebron in the West Bank at 5am to be admitted for Ali’s catheterization tomorrow.


The doctor took Ali’s vitals and was satisfied with Ali’s oxygen level and heart rate. After many hours of waiting to be admitted, however, the doctor gave Mum the unfortunate news that Ali’s catheterization would be canceled tomorrow due to too many emergency cases. I felt very bad for Ali’s mother as I understand now the lengths one has to go through to get from the West Bank to Sheba Hospital – it’s not a simple drive across town!


Ali’s mother is a very sweet lady and calmly accepted the news. They returned to Hebron this afternoon and will come back next week for the new catheterization date, God willing!

We will continue to pray that Ali remains stable and healthy until then.

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>