Two-month old Ahmed first came to Sheba Medical Center from Gaza as an urgent baby. He had a condition called TGA and had a catheterisation at Sheba to keep him alive.
After he was stabilized doctors sent Ahmed back to Gaza three weeks ago to wait for his surgery. Because of fears of the coronavirus in Gaza, Ahmad and his Aunt had to stay in a quarantine hotel until returning today to Israel. His aunt describes this as “more than difficult.”
Ahmed will stay with us in Jaffa until Wednesday, when he has an echo at Sheba and the doctors will decide if he is ready for surgery.
Ahmad has one brother and one sister back home in Gaza. The family was worried that their child couldn’t come here because everything was so hard, but thank God – He made a way!