This past weekend in Sheba Children’s Hospital pediatric ICU, Akar was started on dialysis because his kidneys were not working well.
Today the doctor said that they are working better now. But when his mother inquired about Akar’s heart, the answer until now is that his heart has not improved.
In a meeting today, the doctors decided they will not put Akar on ECMO for now, but are hoping instead that with time and with medication for blood pressure and cardiac function, he will start to improve.
At the moment, Akar is stable, but is still in a very dangerous place. Along with his mother’s earnest and incessant prayers, please join us in praying for Akar’s life.