Through the grapevine of Shevet mums, who are very good friends, we had heard there might be a possibility of Mariam being discharged soon. She certainly looks alert and beautiful. Her mum asked today what the doctors had decided for her.
The response was that they had observed her oxygen levels to drop quite low, particularly when she is crying. As she has had a surgery, they aren’t understanding why her oxygen saturation is dropping so low, and therefore medically she is not ready to leave the hospital.
They have started to give her an additional medicine to hopefully address this, which will be monitored. If the medicine isn’t successful, then it’s possible the doctors would decide to take her for a catheterisation to best assess the situation.
Her mother received the news gracefully, of course wanting the best for her baby. Please pray for Mariam’s heart.