Surgery postponed

Shadi’s operation was postponed at Sheba hospital today, as there was no available room in the ICU. His mother was not dismayed and took the news in her stride.

As it happens, three of her closest friends, the mothers of Yadgar, Lava, and Samem, whose children are also in hospital, gathered together to be with Shadi’s mother. They sat outside in the waiting area, eating the cake they’d made, and drinking tea as she waited to be discharged.

Given the complexity of his heart, the doctors will further discuss Shadi’s case in the coming days. Please pray for him and his beautiful mother. They are back staying with us in our community home in Jaffa until they are called in for surgery.