This morning we picked up beautiful Jwan and her lovely mother at Erez. Jwan was scheduled for her first follow-up echo at Sheba Hospital after her surgery last fall.
This girl has grown so much in those last months and we were so surprised to see her so chunky and big! She was smiling at us all the time.
She didn’t even complain during her echo or ECG. Her mother was a little bit concerned about Jwan because she is coughing a lot and has trouble sleeping, but her doctor confirmed that her heart looks very good and there isn’t any problem.
Jwan’s mother also told us that Jwan has some pain in her right shoulder, but an x-ray confirmed that everything is fine with her.
After a long day of waiting and a lot of fun with Jwan, we brought her back to Erez Border Crossing and are excited to see her again in six months! Please pray that she stays stable until then.
Today our darling little Jwan was discharged from Sheba Hospital to Gaza. She and her sweet grandmother are going home! Her surgery to repair the coarctation of her aorta and patch a hole in her heart was successful, and even though she had a bit of trouble afterwards, God brought her safely through it all.
She is now a beautiful, healthy little girl. Like most newborns, she is doing a lot of sleeping. She seems to be able to sleep anywhere – in her hospital bed,
in my arms while walking through the hospital, and on her grandmother’s shoulder. It was so sweet to spend today with Jwan and her grandmother, and to see how much Jwan’s grandmother cares about her.
She will need to come back in one month for a follow-up echo. Praise God for this beautiful baby’s healing! Please pray He will continue to shower his blessing on her and on her family.
Our sweet little Jwan is almost ready to go home! She’s doing very well, and from a medical point of view, it would have been safe to discharge her from Sheba Hospital today.
However, since she did have a bit of trouble after her surgery, and since the Rosh Hashanah holidays are happening this Monday and Tuesday, the doctors decided to wait till Wednesday to discharge Jwan. Her grandmother is definitely looking forward to going home.
Jwan was sleeping peacefully when I visited her today, but while her grandmother and I were chatting, the edges of her mouth kept moving up – she was smiling in her sleep!
Please pray that all continues to go well for this beautiful baby and her sweet grandmother.
We went to Sheba Hospital today and visited Jwan. We found her peacefully sleeping, still in the intermediate ICU, her grandmother faithfully by her side. Her doctor told us they want to move her to the pediatric ward today, as she is doing so well.
Jwan is still getting some antibiotics for three more days, but if she continues to improve, they are planning to discharge her on Sunday. Jwan is eating on her own and recovering great from her surgery. Thank you for all your prayers for this cute girl and her family!
Today at Sheba Hospital, our beautiful little Jwan was moved to the intermediate ICU! She is recovering well from her surgery now, and is beginning to eat a little on her own. She has to eat slowly and she gags a little bit because she was intubated before, but she’s starting to make progress.
Jwan had an x-ray this morning, and the doctors say that everything looks good. It’s really lovely to see her doing so well, extubated and with her kind grandmother feeding her from a bottle.
I got to hold her little hand for a few minutes – her fingers are so, so tiny! It is amazing to see God’s perfect handiwork, his image reflected in each tiny feature. This baby girl is precious in His eyes, and He has done a great work of healing in her. Please pray that she will continue to do well.
At Sheba Hospital, we visited sweet little Jwan. She was sleeping with such a peaceful look on her face.
Better still was the good report from her doctor today, which was that the extubation procedure had been successful. He is expecting Jwan to continue her recovery and will soon move her to another department!
There is such a sweetness surrounding Jwan and we continue to pray that our Lord will keep her in His hand for the days ahead
Today at Sheba Hospital, we visited beautiful Jwan.
Jwan is a lovely Arabic name. The doctors said that yesterday they tried to remove the oxygen support for her, but had to restore it. There will be a new attempt tomorrow, so we pray that it will be successful.
We prayed for healing, life and strength to this little young baby girl, so please join in prayer for her with us.
Today at Sheba Hospital, fifteen-day-old Jwan went into surgery for her coarctation of the aorta. The surgery started at eight in the morning and finished at three in the afternoon.
Jwan’s grandma waited patiently while the surgery was going. Meanwhile, the other Arabic-speaking moms (and dads) in the hospital appeared from time to time in the waiting area, talked with her, fetched a phone-charger for her, and offered food and drinks to her.
Praise the Lord, the surgery went well. In the surgery, the surgeons were able to repair her aortic arch. They also closed the VSD, a hole in the wall that separates the heart’s lower chambers. Jwan is doing well after the surgery. The doctors want to extubate her soon.
Let’s give thanks and glory to our good Lord for the successful surgery. And let’s keep praying for her condition, that Jwan may remain stable and be extubated soon. Thank you for being with us in prayer.
In the evening at Sheba Hospital, coworker Lisa and I quickly visited Jwan as we hadn’t met her yet. She is totally new to us, so I asked the doctor about how she is doing.
Because the doctor was really busy, he just told me that she is stable for now and doing okay, but will have her surgery tomorrow. Lisa went into Jwan’s hospital room to meet both Jwan and her grandmother for the very first time. Since we are not familiar with speaking much Arabic, and because Jwan’s grandmother can’t speak English, Google translate was a big help for all of us. Jwan’s grandmother thanked us for being there for her.
Please pray for Jwan and her surgery tomorrow. She is a tiny little baby, held in the hands of God, the Almighty. Let us also pray for her grandmother, so that she gets strength for the big day tomorrow and even for the doctors that God will use their hands to save this little child.
Two-week-old Jwan is an emergency transfer from Gaza. She arrived at ten o’clock last night via ambulance to Sheba Hospital with her kind grandmother acting as her chaperone.
Today, after a long echo and brain ultrasound, the doctors are satisfied that Jwan’s original diagnosis of coarctation of the aorta is correct. She is very tiny, and already intubated. The doctors say she will need surgery, but for now she is stable.
Please pray for the doctors as they decide on the next steps for Jwan. Please pray for blessings on Jwan and her grandmother.