Early this morning we got the message from Sheba Hospital that San will have his surgery tomorrow and we should bring him today for his admission. His mother was surprised but happy that the waiting finally has an end.
But shortly before San could go into his room in the ICU the head nurse discovered how bad San’s teeth are and that he will need a treatment for that before he can have surgery. The risk of an infection would be too dangerous. This was very disappointing news for his mom who really wants to go home to her family soon again. Tomorrow San will have a first appointment with the dentist where he will decide what treatment he will need.
Please pray for patience for his mom who probably will need to wait again for a couple of weeks until all the dental work is finished and San cam have his surgery.
San has a 3-D echo next week and after that, his operation. Let us pray for San and his mother in this very challenging upcoming time. We want to entrust San into God’s almighty, loving and strong hands.
I met San’s mother today in the hallways of Sheba Medical Center when she told me that she really wants to go back to our home in Ashdod with us today. I asked the doctors when San could be discharged and had to disappoint her with the doctor’s answer.
After his hospitalization on Monday when he threw up and felt sick, he was admitted to the pediatric clinic at the hospital. There he was treated with medication for his virus which helped him improve. San was already smiling at me today, but he still feels a little bit sick. His doctor told me that they want to keep him here until at least tomorrow to make the echo that he needs before his heart surgery without having to make another appointment for him to come yet again to Sheba.
Let’s pray for San and his mother that they will feel comfortable to stay another night in the hospital and for his echo tomorrow.
After a day of throwing up everything he ate or drank, we took San to the ER. The doctor saw that he looked pale and dehydrated. He decided to give him some medications that would help his stomach to settle down and he received fluids through an IV for three hours.
The whole night San was able to keep fluids down. But because he is a heart patient and because he was sleeping all night, the doctor wanted to keep him in the hospital to make sure he was okay. The doctor said that because of his heart condition, he needs to be perfect to be discharged to Ashdod.
Because of the long wait, coworker Kristie and I had good conversations with the mother of San with the little English, Arabic and Kurdish we had and we shared some food together.
San already looked much better when we said goodbye after the admission. We pray that God watches over this boy and that his body will get strong for the upcoming surgery.
As soon as I saw San this morning at Sheba Hospital, and was preparing to receive him upon his discharge, and despite the fact that his Cath was just yesterday, little San was already going wild and running through the hallways of Sheba. At first I couldn’t believe that his Cath was just yesterday! His mother was doing her best to keep him at one place because the doctors told her San shouldn’t be too wild right after his Cath, so she took him to a little children’s cinema area. That kept him silent and calm for at least a bit of time.
When I talked to San’s doctor, he was very kind and caring. He told me that after San’s diagnostical Cath, they still have to consider with this information what the best treatment for him is, so there’s still no concrete future plan for our little San.
Let’s pray for her, that she can get some much-needed rest, for the doctors to make the best treatment plan for San and for San himself to not loose his liveliness and energy. Praise the Lord for all the hospital staff that was working very hard for him!
During the procedure, his mother was really worried. She had some company from other parents of our children in the ICU. After the cath she was really relieved as she heard the doctors reassuring her that everything went well. San needs a surgery for his condition so the doctors performed this cath to measure his heart and collect all the information they need for the surgery. When he woke up again afterwards, he was still a little bit confused from the anesthesia but already wanted to play with his balloon.
Praise the Lord for the successful procedure. We want to pray for San and his mother for his upcoming treatment.
When I brought him and his lovely mother to Sheba, we had to go through the whole admission process until we were able to see his doctor. The doctor explained to us why they need to do this cath and what complications are possible. Even though the risk for complications is really low, his mother was worried a bit because this procedure will be the first one for San. Our kind doctors at the cardiac clinic were fast to calm her down and tell her that this is a routine procedure. They need to do this diagnostic cath to collect information for his treatment plan for possible surgeries in the future. After all of this, San was admitted to the ICU where he stays with his mother until the catheterisation tomorrow.
Please join us in prayer for San and his wonderful mother. Pray for calmness for both of them in this exciting time of healing.
Our little “Schlingel” (german for rascal) San visited Sheba hospital the first time today. For an echo, blood test, X-ray and a ECG to evaluate his condition before coming up with a surgical plan. Energetic San had us on our toes all day while exploring Sheba. He was curious about every child he saw while waiting and wanted to make new friends. Even though he knows I don’t understand Kurdish, he tried to explain everything to me and we had a really fun time together.
Throughout the tests, San was so patient and didn’t even cry at the blood test which was a big surprise to the nurses there. San has a VSD, a hole between the lower chambers in his heart. The doctors don’t know yet if the just want to do a cath or also a surgery.
We welcomed San and his mother together with two other kids from Kurdistan today as they arrived at Ben Gurion Airport this morning. All of them were really tired, so we went directly back to Ashdod to regroup.
When I looked after them again in the afternoon, he was smiling brightly while running and jumping around on the couches in the living room. Whereas his mom was still really tired from the flight. He is a really joyful kid and we are looking forward to having a great time with him and lots of fun.
Let’s pray for San and his mother now, for a wonderful time here and for strength regained, for his treatment and everything that lays ahead of them. God bless this little boy.