We were excited to welcome baby Mohammed back to Sheba today as he returned for his second post-operative echo. Mohammed is a sweet and inquisitive little guy, and he was content to cuddle with Doro until he was called in for his echo.
Mohammed’s heart looks good five months after surgery. There is some regurgitation through one of the valves but for now he doesn’t need any interventions. His cardiologist adjusted his medications a bit and wants to see him again in four months. At the end of the afternoon, we drove Mohammed and his grandmother back to the border crossing.
Mohammed came to Sheba Hospital today out of Gaza with his aunt. It was nice to see and hold him after saying goodbye to him last month.
Mohammed’s journey in the hospital was a long one, so we got to know him and his grandmother very well. His condition is complicated. He has problems with a valve and he might need repair for that in the future, but that will be a major procedure. For now he can go home for the next two months and hopefully he remains stable while taking medication.
Finally, after over two months in Sheba Hospital, Mohammed was stable enough to be discharged! His grandmother couldn’t be more thrilled. Mohammed was scheduled for an echo in one week, so we welcomed them into our house in Ashdod.
After one night, we found out that the hospital communicated for Mohammed to come back in a week, but they meant a month. When I told Mohammed’s grand-mother that she could return home today, she was so happy! She hugged me and started packing immediately. Finally she could go back to her family, and Mohammed’s mother could finally hold her son.
I didn’t mind having them an extra day in house. Some baby snuggles are always good. Please pray for Mohammed and his family.
Mohammed’s grandmother seemed very worried about his condition at Sheba Hospital today. She was also concerned about his SpO2 (saturation of O2). Alarms rang again and again, so I wondered what was happening there.
I asked medical staff members and they said they stopped oxygen yesterday, and that Mohammed is breathing with “room air” like healthy people, without supportive oxygen therapy. This was definitely good news and little Mohammed is improving. If he can do well with room air, then he will be discharged shortly.
Our cute Mohammed is still going strong in the secondary ICU. His health keeps going up and down. Sometimes he is without oxygen and sometimes he needs a little bit of support. He first needs to be stable before they are able to decide what to do next for Mohammed. It is a long journey for him and also for his grandmother who has been at his bedside through all of this.
Please keep praying that the Lord will lead the way for Mohammed and open and close doors for him for a surgery or other treatments he needs to receive.
Cute Mohammed is looking better every day I visit him. Today he wasn’t only moved to the intermediate ICU, but they also removed his NG tube! He is eating completely on his own now and when I entered his room, his grandmother was lovingly feeding him with his bottle. It’s so beautiful to see this cute boy improving. His doctor said that there is still no decision whether they will discharge him soon or keep him for another surgery, but for now we are just glad that he is so well! Praise God!
Mohammed is still extubated! He doesn’t even need oxygen-support anymore. It’s so nice to see this little boy finally breathing completely on his own and doing well after he was struggling for such a long time.
The doctors at Sheba Hospital still haven’t made a decision about another surgery for little Mohammed. For now they will just wait and give him time to recover.
Thank you God for healing this boy and bringing him so far!
I was very surprised at Sheba Hospital today to find Mohammed breathing on his own. He looked so good. His doctor said they still haven’t decided about his surgery. First they want to see how he is doing while extubated. If he does well and improves, he might not need the second surgery now. If he fails again, they will do surgery most likely soon.
Mohammed’s grandmother was, as always, a great person to have around. She took such good care of another mother whose child was in surgery and encouraged her. Thank you God for this wonderful lady and her beautiful grandson!
When coworker Jakob and I walked into the ICU at Sheba Hospital today, we saw that there was a lot happening in Mohammed’s room. The ICU staff made him ready to go to the CT-scan area. We spoke to his doctor who said they think Mohammed’s atrial valve is leaking. This is a complicated problem, and the doctor doubted that the surgeon will take the chance to fix it.
Another problem is that Mohammed’s aorta is narrowed. This can be fixed in a second surgery. After the CT-scan, the doctors and surgeons will talk about Mohammed’s case and decide if they will do another surgery and if they will fix both problems or just one of them.
Mohammed’s grandmother is finding some things to be difficult. She is in the hospital already for a while now and she has problems with her own dental health. Please pray for her, for Mohammed and the doctors who have to decide how to help Mohammed.
Mohammed is doing well after his surgery. He is stable, there are no complications. He is already waking up, but it is hard to calm him down when he is awake, a nurse said. For now Mohammed is still intubated, but they hope to extubate him soon. Praise God for his power and mercy. Please keep praying for precious Mohammed and his grandmother who stays with him.
When I arrived in Sheba Hospital this morning, Mohammed’s grandmother came to me and told me her little grandson is finally in his heart surgery. We were surprised because we didn’t know about it earlier but very happy that he is finally stable enough that the doctors can do his surgery. The doctors were able to successfully fix his AV canal, everything went well and Mohammed is stable back in the ICU.
As we were very busy in the hospital today, we didn’t have a lot of time to wait with his grandmother and so we were very glad that a lot of other mothers and grandmothers waited with her. Thank you God for this successful surgery! Please help Mohammed to finally recover now.
Mohammed is still recovering from all the viruses he had and still has. He really has a hard time, because he is catching a new virus frequently. Mohammed’s lungs are not doing well under these circumstances. Especially because covid damaged his lungs. Today everything went downhill and the doctors had to intubate him again. Please pray for this little boy. He is in Sheba Hospital for a couple of weeks already and his condition is still not good enough to undergo an open-heart surgery.
Today, coworker Doro and I met Mohammed’s grandmother together with the other mothers and grandmothers from Gaza in Sheba Hospital. They like to spend time together. Mohammed’s grandmother is always trying to make us laugh with silly jokes. It is always nice to visit her.
Mohammed is still fighting. Today he was awake and looking at me with his big eyes. He has problems with breathing so the cardiologist and the pulmonologist will see him in order to determine if this is a problem from the heart or the lungs.
We ask for your prayer that this boy will become stable so that he can have surgery.
As I visited Mohammed today at Sheba Hospital, he was sleeping quietly in his little bed. I was very happy to see him still extubated after having issues with his left lung recently. His doctor told me that his lung is recovering well, but he needs to wait some more time before his surgery can take place. The doctors want to operate on him at the earliest sometime in the beginning of January, but for the time being, he has to wait and regain strength after all the setbacks he’s had through viruses.
Join me in prayer for little Mohammed for this time he has to wait. Pray for strength for his family and himself.
This morning I visited five-month-old Mohammed in the Pediatric ICU at Sheba Medical Center.
When I entered his room, he was sleeping peacefully and in fact he looked a bit better today. However, doctors are still skeptical about his condition. After getting sick by a virus twice, he has difficulty breathing.
For this reason, the doctors are thinking about helping him with a breathing tube. Overall, however, Mohammed is stable – thank God! May he continue to stand by him and also bless his grandmother who is faithfully at his side.
I visited Mohammed R and his grandmother in Sheba Hospital’s Pediatric ICU again today. This cute little man has been doing it tough.
Firstly he came in with COVID and then add on to that RSV (Respiratory syncytial virus), so it hasn’t been plain sailing for this brave little man. Well finally some light at the end of the tunnel: they hope in a couple of days to extubate him.
Please pray that his progress continues so one day soon I can see his smiley face looking back at me.
Our Mohammed is struggling in the hospital. He came down with corona last week. When he recovered, the doctors tried to extubate him over the weekend. This failed unfortunately. Apparently Mohammed already caught a new virus.
Please pray for this little boy who is struggling. That the Lord may strengthen him and bless him.
I visited our cute Mohammed again today to check in on his progress. He is still stable and making some progress. I talked with the wonderful Arabic nurse and she explained that they are not sure yet if Mohammed’s pneumonia is viral or bacterial. Once the test results are back, they will have a better idea on the path forward.
Please pray for a speedy recovery for Mohammed so the more serious heart issues can be dealt with.
I am looking forward to the day I see Mohammed smile back at me.