Hamed is still gaining very little weight and the doctors are worried about his eating habits. So they’re also considering a gastrostomy for him. First, however, they want to observe how he develops. May God continue to watch over Hamed and never lose sight of him. How good that we can trust in the Lord, especially when our hearts tend to doubt and can be pessimistic in difficult situations.
When I spoke to Hamed’s doctor today, he shared his view that Hamed would need another heart surgery in the future. Although he could not say anything about the exact time, he reported that he is in conversation with cardiologists about it.
The first heart surgery was a quick intervention to help Hamed at that moment. However, in order to enable a good long-term condition of the heart, further surgery is needed. Let’s pray for Hamed that God will continue to bless him and endow the doctors with wisdom. How good that we can trust in the Lord.
When I visited Sheba Hospital and came to Hamed’s room during today’s visits, I met his doctor directly who explained Hamed’s current situation to me clearly. His colleagues recently had a genetic test taken of Hamed and are now awaiting results. However, the doctors have a guess it may be Noonan Syndrome. At the same time, it was stated the clinical picture of this syndrome is not entirely clear so they cannot be sure yet. In the end, we must wait for the results of the genetics test in order to clearly determine the disease.
Unfortunately, an early discharge is not probable and doctors are still waiting for Hamed to gain weight. Only then can a discharge be considered. In the meantime, Hamed’s grandmother who has spent the last few weeks faithfully by his side, will return to Gaza. Since she complains of health problems, she is eagerly waiting for some rest. Another family member will then be by Hamed’s side in the hospital.
My little precious friend has a bacteria that is resistant to Antibiotics. And on top of that, he had to go back to the secondary ICU of Sheba Hospital because he had some breathing problems. Hamed came Wednesday night where they treated him with oxygen. He’s doing better now.
Today he had an Echo so they are waiting for the results. The nurse informed me that the decision will be made in the next few days as to whether Hamed can be transferred to a normal ward or whether he can go home. I would be incredibly happy for Hamed if he could be in the arms of his family again, although I will also miss him very much. Please Pray for Hamed’s health, that he may grow up to be a happy and strong young man and that this wonderful little boy may go home soon.
I was really looking forward to visiting little Hamed and his lovely grandma at Sheba Hospital today. I was also happy that Hamed is now in a normal ward and no longer in the ICU.
The nurse informed me that Hamed had breathing problems, so a chest X-ray was ordered. But nothing new has emerged, and no explanation for Hamed’s labored breathing.
Hamed has a nasal cannula through which he receives his food. The nurse told me they want to start slowly to give him food by mouth in the next days. Little Hamed just contracted a virus too; please pray he gets well very soon. We thank God for bringing Hamed safely to us.
As I walked up to Hamed’s bed today, his doctor and a nurse were giving the grandmother some paperwork to sign for getting a genetic test done with Hamed. The test should give the doctors some clarity about Hamed’s eventual blindness and his very thin skull. A few minutes later they came back and took blood from him for the testing. The nurse explained to me that this probably won’t give them exact answers of how to treat him, but it will help understand his condition and highlight some things to look out for. Besides the genetic testing, Hamed is doing alright after his surgery and is recovering well.
Please pray for him and everything his future holds. Whether the genetic test brings some results or not, we want to pray for God’s protection over this little boy.
On Friday afternoon, new little Hamed arrived by ambulance in Israel. Only shortly after he arrived at Sheba Hospital, the doctors decided that he was in such a bad condition, they would take him directly to the OR and do an emergency surgery.
His grandmother already made good friends with two other grandmas in the ICU and was happy to get to know us today. Hamed was supposed to already come a day earlier, but as there was no free ICU bed, little Hamed couldn’t come.
Thank God that Hamed made it fast enough to Israel and is now doing better! Please pray for all his still-coming procedures!