Healing and Resting at Shevet
It was a joy to collect Razbar today following her brain MRI yesterday. The hospital team were really kind to us at the time of her being discharged having already arranged the follow-up appointments on our behalf to take place in a few week’s time. Razbar needs to stay at home for a few weeks now whilst her body adjusts to taking a new medicine. Having recently found suspected build up of blood vessels near the larynx which is impacting on Razbar’s coarctation the doctors very much want to see this reduce in size before the time of her surgery. Please pray that Razbar will be healed over this fortnight.
We were able to bring Razbar back to the Shevet house this evening and we are pleased to have her and her father back with us. We pray we are able to get to know them better over this time and that we will share a lot of joy together.
Today, our lovely Razbar had her second CT scan. Being already hospitalized, she had the privilege of being escorted. That means she was sitting in her own bed, was monitored and guided by a pediatric physician. So today, especially the monitoring really helped the team of the CT scan to check her oxygen and to respond to her breathing. Praise the Lord! She was fighting hard against the anesthesia and they needed a second shot to help her fall asleep. But finally they have good pictures they can work with!
According to the CT scan results they will decide about her surgery plan. So please pray for everything ahead of her. May God provide a surgery soon and a healthy recovery afterwards for our little babbling Razbar. Please also pray for her father, as he really wished to have the surgery as soon as possible.
More Tests in the Hospital
Julio and I met Wareen’s father in the hosptial, and he told us that Razbar had been moved in the evening to another section of the ICU. We went upstairs to find her and her father.
I asked the doctor if she was going to be coming home today, and she replied firmly that Razbar is certainly staying in the hosptial. It became apparent that although Razbar was hospitalised yesterday just to monitor her breathing, the medical team have some more concerns about her, and want to continue to carry out assessments.
Today she was due to see the ENT doctor, to assess her upper respiratory system. She later was due to have a bronchoscopy. She will also need further imaging of a potential mass which presses onto her trachea. The hospitla team hope to be able to have more answers for her on Sunday.
For her assessments today, she required sedation, and so whilst we were there, Razbar was fasting and feeling quite upset. The doctor was keen to make use of Julio’s translation skills. She was very friendly and kind to Razbar’s father.
Please keep these two in your prayers, for wisdom for the medical team, and for strength for Razbar’s father.
Today our beautiful Razbar had a busy morning in the hospital. Thanks to the Lord all her processes have been so fast. On our way to the hospital she was talking to us a lot; she is so sweet. She had two appointments, the first one was with a respiratory doctor. Praise the Lord our translator was with us and he was able to translate everything to Dad and to the doctors. The father showed the doctor a video of Razbar’s breathing. Since she was two months old, she has had noisy and difficult breathing (called stridor
). The doctor checked her and she cried a lot, but after she enjoyed the toys that the doctor had in her desk, she stopped crying. The doctor thinks that she has this problem because her great vessels are pushing on her trachea. This makes her breathing noisy and she needs to exert more effort than normal when she is breathing. The doctor called Razbar’s cardiologist and both agreed to order a CT scan so that they can see how her great vessels are in relation to her trachea. After that the doctors can decide what is the best plan for her. The doctor was able to answer all the questions that dad had and she also took time to listen to the dad.
After that, we went to the next appointment, with the neurologist, who told us that praise the Lord she doesn’t seem to have neurological problems. After her surgery she is probably going to be better in the development and movement of her legs, because of her heart problem and bad breathing she doesn’t have enough blood in her legs.
I went to the secretary to ask about her CT scan appointment, and when she told me that she is probably going to have that this Wednesday, I was very happy. Some of our babies need to wait a long time for procedures like that, but thanks to the Lord the schedule for her was open, and she can have that soon.
On our way home she was so tired she fell asleep. Please pray for Dad, peace in this time and that he can really enjoy his time with us, and pray also for our beautiful Razbar.
Julio, Sophie and I were happy to meet beautiful Razbar and her father this morning at the airport. She was quite upset and tired, but luckily she presented in a good condition. We already had her first appointment booked at the hospital, so we brought her here. Julio was with her and her father during the appointment, and was able to translate everything for the doctor.
Razbar’s diagnosis is Coarction of the aorta. We found out that she has some possible breathing difficulties which need further assessment. The dad had brought some helpful videos for the doctor to see.
Razbar was very upset during her echo! But for the rest of the time, she was happy and chatty. Julio is completely in love with her, and has really enjoyed listening to her babbling away, holding the phone up to her head.
Razbar needs some more assessments carried out before her surgery can be planned. Thank God for the helpful work from the secretary at the hospital, who worked her magic and had already booked an appointment for next week for one of the assessments.
Please pray for this little one and her family.