During our visit, Mohaned had some blood drawn. Then I held him for some time and he eventually fell asleep in my arms. We held him quite a bit when he was in Jaffa so it was very easy for him to settle because he’s known me and it felt totally natural to hold this lovely boy again.
Please keep him in prayer as he is stable in the hospital. The doctors have recommended a guardianship switch before he returns to Gaza, so please pray for expediency and favor with the border to grant the permission for Mohaned’s mother to come.
And please pray for wisdom for the road ahead; he will be a candidate for the Glenn procedure in three months time, God willing.
She shared with us that yesterday’s value for Mohaned’s potassium level was a bit higher. The doctors are waiting till next week to decide when the next surgery will be. Please pray for him that his potassium comes back to its normal value and that he can have his next surgery at the ideal time!
This morning Mohaned had developed a high fever. He responded well to medicine for his fever, but his temperature was still high. Due to both his heart and lung diagnoses, Mohaned is at high risk for developing other illnesses. We brought him to the hospital because if he was battling an infection, we were not sure if he could fight it himself.
Due to his reported symptoms, we were brought to the pediatric respiratory emergency hospital. He received several tests, including a corona virus test. Praise God that he tested negative. It is truly God’s protection that none of our children have tested positive for the virus.
Mohaned was admitted to the hospital. His kidney function was not well according to the blood test, and we hope that this will improve with some hydration. Thankfully his fever resolved and he slept peacefully in between many tests.
Mohaned is not fighting this alone. His sweet grandmother is by his side. We all love him like our own son. And of course, God is with him. His condition is frail by nature, but his strength comes from God. We are all weak, in need of divine love and strength.
Please continue to pray for Mohaned and his grandmother. May they know that they are not alone.
It has been a blessing to see Mohaned and his grandmother everyday here at our home in Jaffa. It’s an unusual and unexpected blessing to have this extra time with these Gaza families outside of the hospital and busy schedules. Mohaned and his grandmother are both very sweet.
Today, Mohaned had an echo and a respiratory checkup. The echo was good and as they expected. However, the doctors have discovered a new genetic condition for Mohaned that makes him susceptible to many different respiratory illnesses throughout his life. Because of this, they think that he will need respiratory therapy for most of his life, as well as antibiotics.
Even though this is difficult news to receive we know that we serve a God who is able to heal and restore these earthly bodies. He created us and knows us all from each hair to each vein. So we pray for the Lord to give Mohaned’s body strength and to respond well to this therapy. We praise God that Mohaned will be able to continue to stay with us here in Jaffa while the doctors work out this new plan for him. Please pray for wisdom and understanding in how to walk forward and for the Lord to continue to provide for all his needs. Mohaned knows who is watching over him:
Mohaned is looking great, but some concern from his doctors today over a drop in his oxygen saturation. His heart is functioning well, so they’ll be checking out his lungs thoroughly before deciding that he is well enough to return to Gaza.
Mohaned’s lovely grandma sends a kiss to all, and wants to thank everyone who has prayed for the baby. He is recovering nicely now, and feeding well.
Hopefully he will be able to return to Gaza next week!
Who could this beautiful baby be, now breathing on his own and out of the ICU at Sheba? Compare these two pictures to the condition Mohaned was in two weeks ago–glory to God!
It’s been just a week since Mohaned was rushed into surgery in desperate condition. Glory to God, here is the picture sent from his mother today! (We’ve not been able to visit him in the ICU ourselves due to coronavirus restrictions).
Thank God, the dedicated team at the Sheba Medical Center prioritized Mohaned’s critical condition above all others and rushed him into surgery today to repair his heart defect. Tonight he is stable and on mechanical ventilation in the ICU.
Due to multiple heart defects Mohaned was blue immediately after his birth on April 13, and rushed to the neonatal ICU where an intravenous drip of prostaglandin kept him alive. His doctors contacted us for help getting him into Israel–his only chance to live.
Thank God, despite the coronavirus crisis the team at Sheba Medical Center went the extra mile, including coronavirus tests in both Gaza and on arrival in Israel, to make it possible for Mohaned to reach Sheba Friday evening as the Sabbath was starting:
It is so good to see him in an advanced center with the resources to help him; Abraham and his seed were chosen for this reason, to be a blessing to all the families of the earth.