The doctors promised that they would try hard to do their best to open the vessels as best they could, but were clear with the mother that Besan’s chances of survival from this procedure were low, and even in the case that she survived the procedure, her recovery was far from guaranteed.
Doctors at Sheba Hospital are planning heart surgery tomorrow for our new baby Besan. Besan is being cared for in the Pediatric Cardiac ICU, so I was unable to photograph her, but did catch a few moments to talk with her young mother outside the ICU. She is very pleased and thankful for the decision to go ahead with surgery tomorrow.
This very small girl will undergo a BT-Shunt procedure. Little Besan will benefit from this as it should provide her body with more oxygen-rich blood thereafter, Lord willing.
The glory of God can be seen through this intervention. Let’s pray and bless tomorrow together. Bless our lovely Besan, her mother, and the medical staff who will carry out their respective tasks, all working together to equip Besan for a better future.
Today, the doctors at Sheba Medical Center decided to do a CT scan for Besan to assess how she is and where exactly the problem is in her heart. They need to think about what the procedure will look like for the precious little Besan, so that she can be healed in the future, if it’s God’s will.
Co-worker Carina introduced herself today to Basan’s grandmother, although there was some language barrier. Basan’s grandmother understood that Carina is from Shevet Achim and was very friendly towards us.
Please pray for the precious little life of Besan and her lovely grandmother, that the doctors can find a way to help them.
Thank God, Besan in the last hour safely reached the Sheba Medical Center in an ICU ambulance, and is now in good and loving hands in the pediatric ICU. Let’s support the staff there in prayer as they seek the way to save her life.
Newborn Besan was rushed to the ICU in Gaza when she turned blue after birth. An echo found complex congenital heart defects, and she was placed on mechanical ventilation to keep her alive until she could reach Israel. Doctors at the Sheba Medical Center have agreed to accept her, and we hope to transfer her to Israel tomorrow.