Usually the little boy doesn’t like the hospital at all and is crying a lot. But today he was very calm that even his doctor was very surprised. We also enjoyed the waiting time playing together, and he was smiling.
The doctor decided Ahmed doesn’t need another cath and his mom was very happy about this. During the x-ray however, they saw that Ahmed has a little bit of fluid around his lungs and needs to have another x-ray next week. If the fluid is decreasing, he will only need one more echo in the week after. If then everything looks good, Ahmed and his mother can finally go home to their family.
Let’s pray for good results in his next appointments and that he and his mother, who has been waiting so patiently, can finally leave!
I was very happy to see Ahmed and his Mother. We waited together for the surgery and it’s very nice to hear that the outcome and improving is still very good, as the doctor told me. Little Ahmed even smiled at me and this is definitely not his usual attitude in the hospital.
Also the mother is very glad. She is just a little worried about the next decision of the doctors against or for a cath. At the moment the doctor thinks very positive about having no catheterization for Ahmed, but the next follow up echo will give us further information and it depends very much on his further recovery.
Please pray for good recovery, so that Ahmed and his mother can go back to Kurdistan soon.
Ahmed is doing okay after his big surgery at Sheba Medical. The echo from today looks like yesterday – that’s good so far. The doctors will watch Ahmed carefully in the next days and have to decide if he needs another cath.
When coworker Doro and I visited Ahmed and his mother today, it was hard to see this normally very active boy, appearing so weak. Also his mother didn’t sleep the whole night, because she was so concerned.
Please pray for little Ahmed – that he is improving well and will get new strength from the Lord (and also his mother).
During the surgery Ahmed’s left ventricle started to dysfunction, but is luckily already improving. The doctors also discovered a vein in Ahmed’s heart that is a little narrow and that he may need another catheterization. In the next days the doctors will decide what happens next.
While we were waiting with Ahmed’s mother during his procedure, we saw that she was really nervous but still smiling and laughing. I really enjoy spending time with her and being there for her.
Please thank the lord that Ahmed is doing well right now and please keep praying for him and his lovely mother.
Please pray for a successful cath tomorrow.
While we told his mom the news, she was still smiling and still in a good mood. I enjoy it so much to see how she always has a smile on her face, and tries to be in a happy state of mind.
Please pray that Ahmed can have his cath soon, and his mom stays so positive and strong.
Today, we went to Sheba Medical Center for an echo with Ahmed and his mother. When we left our community house, he was already crying, because he knew exactly that we were heading towards the hospital. He doesn’t like the hospital most likely because of a lifetime of assessments and procedures.
He had an echo. In consideration of little Ahmed however, the echo was brief, only five minutes or so. The doctor checked for fluid around the heart and lungs. There is again a little bit of fluid there.
Ahmed’s mother started crying I’m sure for many reasons. She misses her family very much and hopes she and Ahmed can go back to Kurdistan very soon.
It was nice to see how the doctor cared about both Ahmed and his mother. Please pray for patience for Ahmed’s mother and for a good result after the CT scan.
Ahmed is not ready yet though to be discharged yet to Kurdistan because the conduit that they made in the surgery is a bit narrow. Therefore the doctor wants to keep an eye on it to be able to say if he needs treatment for it now or if he can go back to Kurdistan like that and wait for some time and then come back to have treatment.
Ahmed is normally a very active little boy, and his mom says he doesn’t like being stuck in the hospital room all the time. It’s good to see him feeling well enough to show his feisty personality, and we pray his chest tube can be removed soon so he can slowly get back to normal.
Ahmed went in to surgery today early in the morning. The condition of his heart is an L-TGA. The surgery was very complicated, and due to this, the wait for Ahmed was quite long. The doctors said it was successful though.
The next 48 hours are still crucial, so please be praying for Ahmed’s recovery. His mother had the company of the mother of Mohammed, and the mother of Yano. The mother of Yano was such a huge help today graciously helping with translation.
Ahmed was admitted to Sheba Medical Center today for a surgery tomorrow. His mother was so thankful that Ahmed is receiving surgery tomorrow, that she kept saying no problem about the many steps for getting admitted.
Zakaria needed to have a Corona test, an echo, and an ECG upon his entry to the hospital.
Please keep praying that God’s hand would be over the surgery and with the doctors tomorrow.
After a long wait, Ahmed’s CT scan appointment at Sheba hospital came up today. Ahmed had to fast 2:00 a.m. which caused him to be very hungry and unsettled in the morning while waiting in the CT scan area.
They are here for the third time now in Israel and hoping for a surgery this time, so the doctors’ decision for the surgery is very important. Please pray for doctors to have God’s wisdom and to make the right decision for Ahmed whatever that will be, and for peace and trust in God for Ahmed’s mother.
Today was the first appointment for Ahmed at the Sheba Medical Center. We drove from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv, because they have been visiting in our Jerusalem Guest House. Ahmed’s mother was ready to leave for hospital an hour before the departure.
The doctor recorded Ahmed’s weight and oxygen level. It‘s very hard for Ahmed to get used to these appointments however, and he cried a lot. Please pray that it‘s getting better. In one room is a little car, and Ahmed was impressed. He sat in the car as a reward after the assignment.
Co-worker Julio came along and was able to translate from English to Kurdish. He explained to Ahmed’s mother that the Doctor wants Ahmed to do a CT-Scan and they will decide afterwards about the next steps. If Ahmed’s heart is in the right condition, they would do a surgery. Otherwise the doctor prefers a catheterization.
His mother was also told that Ahmed is growing well and that he should continue taking the medicine which he has been taking during this past year. Before we went back to Jerusalem, Ahmed had an X-Ray.
At the end of this visit, Ahmed was more calm walked through the floor with his mom, watched some videos and slept. A mother who was also waiting for an assignment, talked to the mother of Ahmed. I think it was very nice for Ahmed‘s mother to feel comfortable in the new surroundings at the Sheba hospital. She could also meet some volunteers and parents she knew from the Shevet Achim community house.