During the echo Mohammed didn’t cry and was very calm. I enjoyed the time with him again and am happy too to have this experience, seeing the development from the last echo and the release to Kurdistan.
Thank God for this good news.
Mohammed had an echo-cardiogram today at Sheba hospital. The echo results caused doctors to decide to keep Mohammed in hospital still until next week when he will undergo another echo. Doctors are concerned about an infection Mohammed has. A specific medicine is still needed to be procured as well.
Please pray for Mohammed, that he can go home very soon.
The echo of Mohammed showed that there is no change yet with the infection in his heart. It hasn’t grown but it also didn’t get better. The doctor said that it might be a thrombose and not an infection. Therefore Mohammed has to continue his treatment with the blood-thinner Clexane and he still has to stay in the hospital. Please keep praying for this cute boy and his aunt who is taking care of him.
Mohammed’s echo showed that there has been no change in the infection in his heart, not worse but not better either. Please be praying the infection will respond to antibiotics and that it doesn’t escalate to where he would need further intervention to control or remove it.
The repair of Mohammed’s heart looks wonderful, but along with that, his cardiologist at Sheba hospital saw in Mohammed’s echo today, that there appears to be a small infection that needs to be observed and treated with antibiotics.
Please be praying that this isn’t the dangerous cardiac infection known as endocarditis that has affected many of the Kurdish children these past months. Please also be praying for his aunt who is finding it difficult to be in the hospital for this time.
Since Mohammed’s extubating last week, he has been doing really well. His aunt is asking when she can go to Kurdistan, to which we responded he must first be discharged from the hospital before we have an idea. But hopefully discharge is not far off for this little one.
Thank God Mohammed’s two-stage arterial switch surgery was successful, and maybe we don’t know exactly when, but that he will go home to his family, all eagerly awaiting him .
Please pray for Mohammed’s situation and for his aunt. Thank the Lord that he is stable for now.
This morning at Sheba hospital, little Mohammed had a successful second surgery to correct the transposition of his great arteries. The surgery lasted several hours. Directly after, I was able to speak with two doctors and a nurse, all of whom gave the same optimistic report: the surgery was successful and Mohammed is stable and doing very well, though still sedated and needing intubation.
I had to wait for co-worker Julio, a Kurdish speaker, to arrive to translate the full report for Mohammed’s aunt, but I was able to tell her everything was “zor bash — very good!” She began to cry and kept repeating, “Hamdullah, hamdullah! — praise God!.”
While Mohammed was in surgery, I was able to spend much of the time sitting with his aunt, who was very nervous and eager for news. She has had quite a difficult time in the hospital being the only Kurdish speaker in the ICU, and I was grateful for other Kurdish parents also in the hospital, who stopped by and helped with translating updates from the doctors.
Praise God for a successful operation, and please pray that Mohammed will remain stable and make a full recovery.
It is a day after the surgery of Mohammed. Today Georgia and I came by at the ICU to see how he and his aunt are doing. The aunt welcomed us warmly with a hug. It is hard for her that she can’t speak with anyone because she is the only Kurdish woman in the ICU, so she was glad that Georgia was able to tell her how Mohammed is doing.
The doctor said that Mohammed is doing well. Of course we have to wait and see how his body will react to the surgery and if the organs will adjust to the changes. He needs a lot of haemodynamic support right now, but he is slowly improving over the day.
Thank God for this news. Please pray that the situation will stay stable and that he will improve everyday.
His aunt, Mohammed and I needed to wait for the appointment, which meant Mohammed slept in the car and in the waiting room, but at the end of our wait and also during the X-Ray, he cried a lot. His aunt is very attentive with him.
Mohammed is just one month and twenty-three days old; he and his lovely aunt came to Sheba hospital today for his first assessment. The echo confirmed his transposition of the great arteries, but he is on the edge of turning two months so there is not yet a clear decision regarding the need for a two-stage repair or just the one ‘switch’ surgery.