It was a flurry and rush of medical staff including three cardiologists in Hadassah Medical Center this afternoon at about 2:15 pm, as they rolled Ayham’s tiny bed out of the cath lab and into the Pediatric ICU.
Ayham’s cath began at 10:30 this morning in which doctors succeeded to place a stent; this they hope will better regulate his blood flow. He remains on mechanical ventilation, but they’re expecting this won’t be for long.
Ayham must be in hospital at least several more days, after which, depending on how things go, doctors said he can be discharged to the Shevet Guesthouse, not too far they said, because they will begin administering a medication which they will want to have follow-up on before they fully discharge him to Gaza.
Doctors are also hopeful to have observed Ayham moving his limbs and showing signs of less neurological damage than they previously thought he might have.
During our sit down together this morning, a few other Palestinian mothers also in the ICU waiting area, were able to spend time with Ayham’s mom, conversing in their shared language, sipping coffee and encouraging each other.
Thank you for your prayers for Ayham and his continuing recovery.
High-risk cath scheduled for tomorrow
Ayham no longer has a brain hemorrhage, but tomorrow he will have a high-risk catheterization at Hadassah hospital.
His mother was praying about giving her consent to the doctors. Please CONTINUE PRAYING for this beautiful child’
Today at Hadassah hospital, after some examinations and the ultrasound that the nurses did on Ayham, the doctor said that they are going to increase the anticoagulant because Ayham is very delicate. This is the reason why they have not done the surgery yet.
Now we have to wait one more week, then they will do another catheterization.
Let’s pray that he gets better for the surgery to be done
Doing well, still recovering
I visited little Ayham at Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem. He is doing very well and recovering from a brain hemorrhage and later on tonight or tomorrow, the doctor will do an ultrasound to see how Ayham has progressed.
Let’s pray everything is well with him and he and his mother can go back to Gaza
I went to Hadassah hospital to visit little Ayham and his mother today.
The nurse told me that Ayham is recovering very well. They keep giving him the anticoagulant and on Sunday they will make a decision on how next to proceed with him.
Let’s keep praying for his healing
Ayham has not yet had his first surgery at Hadassah hospital due to his critical health. He had been battling a bacteria and at the moment he is with anticoagulants due to the brain hemorrhage condition. The doctors await Ayham’s recovery to discharge him, and later, in about four month’s time, he can return from Gaza for his surgery.
On the other hand, Ayham’s mother has asked me to take her to the Mosque, and today was the day. She was really happy traveling for the first time by train around Jerusalem. Also we went shopping for some clothes, shoes, and pashminas. At the end of the day, Ayham’s mother was so grateful, and thanked God for everything.
Please continue to pray for the health of Ayham.
Bacteria and bleeding continue, praying
Today I went to the Hadassah Ein Keren Hospital in Jerusalem to visit small Ayham and his mother. Ayham’s doctor said that Ayham has a very strong kind of bacteria and is still bleeding in his brain. They would like to wait longer until the bacteria is gone and the bleeding stopped before doing a surgery for him.
The plan is to place a stent for Ayham to help his Pulmonary arteries to bend. Your prayers are very much appreciated for this little boy.After they have placed a stent, they plan to send Ayham back to Gaza and to wait for him to grow a bit more before his next surgery.
Ayham cannot undergo a surgery now because of his delicate brain condition. Right now there is no hemorrhage, but the doctor said there is a very high risk for a brain hemorrhage if a surgery were attempted now. So it is better to wait another four to six months for the baby to become strong enough to withstand surgery.
Ayham’s mother is very worried about being able to return later on for Ayham’s surgery. But she was reminded that she has been free to come to Israel for three past medical occasions on behalf of Zaed and all should be well for coming in the future.
Please pray for a miracle of life for little Ayham.
At Hadassah hospital, little Ayham is under a special medical treatment that assists with weight gain and provides him with more stability. These are both required before any surgery can be attempted.
Today Ayham’s mother was clearly grateful for everything.
While we wait, let’s pray that baby Ayham can put on some weight.
I went to Hadassah hospital today and had a chance to visit little Ayham. His mom had asked if I could bring him some things.
Ayham’s condition is quite delicate.
Please keep this little one in your prayers.
Catheterization to save the life of Ayham
Today at Hadassah hospital in Jerusalem, a little baby named Ayham arrived. He is a two day old baby from the Gaza Strip. He has a serious condition with transposition of the great arteries. He was placed in the pediatric ICU.
The doctor told me they were going to do a catheterization and they are going to do their best to save Ayham’s life. Let’s keep praying for momma and baby for a miracle.