Electrolyte test for sodium saturation today
The doctor at Sheba Hospital ordered an electrolyte blood test for Ibrahim again to check on his sodium saturation level.
It’s still somewhat difficult for Ibrahim’s mother to see someone else doing assessments on her child, especially blood tests because these can be a challenge for some infants. A baby’s blood is often not flowing easily, veins can be difficult to find, the process can take hours, and sometimes all while the baby is crying.
This time however, it went very well and the nurse did a very good job. Only after a few minutes we were done, and we could already leave the hospital and head back for our community home in Jaffa. The doctor shared good results from the blood test later on with coworker Alena.
Now we are waiting for Ibrahim’s follow-up appointment later in January.
Sweet little Ibrahim had an echo and blood test at Sheba Children’s Hospital today.
As soon as we got there, we were able to go take the blood test. The nurses did an amazing job, and Ibrahim didn’t get too worked up.
Then we went right to an echo and ECG. The doctor said that the echo is very good and she would like to see him again in two weeks.
Thank you for praying for this sweet little boy and his recovery.
Ibrahim is a really cute boy and you can already tell that he has a close relationship to his mother, cause he always keeps looking at her and smiling at her.
He was discharged to our community home in Jaffa today from Sheba Hosopital, in a good condition, thank God. His mother is a lovely lady and we are looking forward to spending some time with her and also with her beloved Ibrahim.
She needs to go back to the hospital for cardiac follow-up after one week and Ibrahim needs to continue with his blood test as well and also needs to see the neurologist.
Thank God that for now he is doing really well and that he was able to be discharged to our community home in Jaffa today. Please pray for ongoing good recovery and for a nice time now with them in our home.
I went to the Pediatric ICU of Sheba Hospital to Ibrahim’s room there and found his mother crying. She is very worried, when she sees all these machines around her child, although Ibrahim is okay. Also immediately after the surgery, there is often not much to say and we just have to wait and see how Ibrahim is improving.
Today he had a CT Scan as one of the first check ups. While waiting until the Ibrahim came back, I waited with his mother. She called many people and met a friend who’s child is in the hospital as well.
Ibrahim’s mother also said she cannot sleep very well in the hospital. Please pray that she gets used to this new situation and for good improvement for Ibrahim.
Today the quarantine of Ibrahim and his mother did end and we were right on the way to the hospital for the admission, so that he can have a surgery tomorrow.
Ibrahim had an ECG, an x-ray and an ultrasound. The nurses were very nice. Also Ibrahim’s mom cared for him very well and she tried everything to prevent his tears.
The results of the ultrasound for the kidneys and the brain were very good. After having a room there is nothing in the way for having a surgery tomorrow.
Please pray for a successful surgery.
Ibrahim's first assessment
Ibrahim was brought to Sheba hospital this morning for his first assessment. A fairly content baby with little complaint.
The first procedure was an ECG during which little Ibrahim cried a bit.
Next was his first echo taken by a first doctor. After this echo, we were told to please wait and the doctor would discuss things with Ibrahim’s mother.
Then a second doctor wanted to do another echo to check more closely a few of the previous echo’s images.
After that, another doctor came and asked to do another echo to review the images of the first two echos.
By the end of the assessment, doctors concluded that Ibrahim has a bit of stenosis in addition to transposition of the great arteries. They said Ibrahim should finish his quarantine, and be ready for surgery when the time quickly comes. In the meanwhile, they would develop their plan and best approach for treatment for Ibrahim, and would decide on the surgery date soon.