Since yesterday, Kahlil is stable in the Sheba Medical Center Pediatric ICU, but his heart is weak and still not working well.
We did spend a bit more time with Khalil’s mom while we all were waiting for another child‘s surgery. She is very kind and caring. Also she seems to be peaceful und trusts in God very much.
Today coworker Amelie and I went to Sheba Hospital and visited Khalil. The doctor told us that they extubated Khalil yesterday, but today, early in the morning, they had to resuscitate Khalil, and then re-intubate him.
His heart isn’t functioning very well, so he is receiving a medication designed to improve his heart function. Now we have to wait and see the medicine’s effect.
Khalil’s mother was very quiet today because the situation for her is very hard right now. Thank you for praying for Khalil’s improvement and for his mother’s strength and perseverance.
Attempt for extubation
Mother a blessing for the hospital
Little Khalil is improving after his surgery at Sheba Hospital yesterday. The doctors want to extubate him soon, which is very good news.
Khalil has an amazing mother. Today she stayed with a woman whose child was in surgery. She encouraged her and later asked how the surgery went. She is a blessing for the other women in the hospital. I’m really impressed by her.
Please pray for Khalil’s recovery and for the balance of his time in hospital.
Coworker Hanna and I went to Sheba Medical Center and waited with Khalil’s mother for his surgery.
The surgery went well. A BT shunt was placed. The next hours are important to see how Khalil improves. His mother was very cute and so thankful for having us be there with her.
When I was entering the ICU Room, I saw little Kahlil, a bit yellow and swollen, which might be caused by having a big surgery.
Please pray for Khalil’s good recovering.
Finding hope in Israel
At nine days of age Khalil’s parents noticed he had difficulty breathing, and at hospital doctors discovered he has a single ventricle and severe narrowing of his aorta. He went on a ventilator (above) and was given a special medication to keep his patent ductus arteriosus open until he could have emergency heart surgery, available only in Israel.
Thank God today Khalil reached the Sheba Medical Center near Tel Aviv, where he is now stabilized in the ICU and waiting further assessment.